Sunday, July 21, 2002

Concert
Asam Church (&copy by Johannes Beck)I got up a bit earlier to go to church. No, I'm not that religious, but every Sunday noon there is a organ matinee at the Maria de Victoria-Church. I never made it there til now, but it's a wonderful thing. The church is very beautiful because the whole ceiling is one fresco with a stunning 3D-effect painted over 250 years ago by Cosmas Damian Asam. The weekly concert is for free and today it was even special as a brass quintett called "Schutzblech" joined the organist playing Haendel, Grieg, Rossini and others. A wonderful experience to start the day with, I will definitely go there again.

Bird perspective
In the night I assembled a mosaic of aerial photographs taken by the land surveying office. So now you can see my hometown Schwerin in Mecklenburg with its many lakes. Aerial view of Schwerin (&copy by Landesvermessungsamt Mecklenburg-Vorpommern I am actually living where the small red dot is. The village is called Wittenf?den and is located a mile west from the city limits. The lake between the Schwerin and Wittenf?den is called Neum?ler Lake and is around 5 km long. Click on the photo for a bigger picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment