Friday, August 2, 2002

Hitchhiking Report
I went to the autobahn (freeway) on my rollerblades at noon and put my thumbs up. It took less than a minute to find the first driver who took me some miles to the next filling station. From there I went with 2 Portugese construction workers and a dozen techno tapes to Bayreuth where I changed into a car with two army sergeants from Lower-Saxony. With them I survived some havy traffic before I was picked up by a guy who went home from his job in Bayreuth.

My fifth driver was a grandpa from Berlin who wanted to pick up his granddaughter some miles off Hamburg. He dropped me at the right freeway exit. Than I had again much more luck than expected. I found a man living in my village who brought me home.

The whole way took me a little less than nine hours, no record, but not that bad either because we had 3 traffic jams on the way. Even I had to change the cars five times, my overall waiting time was not even an hour. Hitchhiking is definitely easy, safe and cheap.

Now I am home again. Moreover my granny from Thuringia is on visit for the first time in more than 10 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment