Monday, June 30, 2003

A week at home...
It was nice to be back home. It's been around half a year since the last time. I went to the IGA 2003 in Rostock with my mom. It's the international gardening exhibition with its main attraction, the willow cathedral, the biggest living natural-plant construction in the world. Moreover I re-discovered Schwerin on an official sightseeing tour guided by my sister Teresa.

I came back on Friday, hitchhiking again. But this time it took me about nine hours because of traffic jams. On Saturday I went to Munich with Julia. She went shopping a bit and I had a casting in the Maritim Hotel held by StarCast. I'm not sure this company is fraud or not. They seem to be quite legitimate. After all they invtited just a bit over 60 people to this casting, had around 15 employees there including photographers etc.

They interviewed me, made photos, interviewed me again. Then they decided to give me a contract and showed me to the next room where my sedcard was arranged. For the printing of 600 of these sedcards, which will then be delivered to tv-channels etc., they wanted to charge a bit over 300 Euros. So now I am no longer sure in what they are interested. I mean, they didn't gave everyone a contract, and had just a bunch of people there in the hotel. I can't believe they cheat people, because these 300 Euros per person is not enough to pay off the employees, the hotel, print the sedcarts, and still make some money. On the other hand if they are really sure that you'll get a job then they should overtake these costs and to settle it with future income. After all they will get 30% of my payment if they arranged the job. And I also don't like the fact that they didn't communicate these costs before. Anyway, I'll not pay a cent to them and better continue my thesis. This will hopefully pay off much more. :=)

No comments:

Post a Comment